Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


March 09, 2014

Looks like spring

This weekend spring arrived! A bit early, but so welcome! We didn't have a real winter, a little bit of snow, a few weeks of frost, but for me it is enough. I long for summer!
The past week was filled with exciting things at work, so when I came home in the evening, I was rather tired. Yet I have a little finish, a babyhat. It is knitted from my own, handspun yarn, 100% merino. Isn't it a cutie?
There are some new projects started too. I can't help myself, sometimes I jump into something with both feet ;)
A pair of socks is started as a KAL in a Dutch group. the picture shows it was quite sunny!
I also started another KAL in a Dutch group, but all I can show is the yarn I'm knitting with.
And there has been a lot of spinning. I love the rythm of moving the wheel, it just has a relaxing effect. In the meanwhile my yarn is growing....

3 comments:

Marne said...

All that spinning - that is really exciting. To spin, then knit something (like your baby hat) what an accomplishment! I'd feel so proud. Just a few little projects around here and on the 25th we have a 1 year old birthday party. Fun!

Pull the other thread said...

The baby hat looks great. I use a drop spindle for spinning yarn but I still haven't managed to get the hang of drafting while spinning so I get frustrated and draft everything before hand then spin it, which is really time consuming. I suppose I just need to practice more, do you have any tips? I would love to get a spinning wheel, preferably a functioning antique.

Pauline said...

Prachtige wolleprojecten ben je mee bezig!

Blogarchive