Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


July 03, 2009

I'm learning ...

Yes, I'm learning, and who learns makes mistakes and learns from them LOL. So I was stitching the first blocks and the border together and thought I could stitch the triangle border as well. Quick, quick, DH was coming home from work and I wanted the sewing-machine off the table so we could have lunch together.
And guess what? Yes, I didn't take the time to look right and started sewing. And, as my first attempt was hanging on the wall, I noticed I stitched the border upside down, or leftside right, how do I call it?
Anyway, one side had the dark side on the outside, the other had the darker side on the inner side... So I pulled the threads again, and now I'm ready to sew them again.
But I wanted to show that I hope to learn from my mistakes. And hey, it's not perfect, but then it's my first, remember?


5 comments:

Margaret said...

Joke, that sounds like something I would do! lol! Don't forget, there's always the old putting something in to make it not perfect thing if you're too lazy to rip! It actually looks fine! You could make two borders one way and two the other. Right? :D

Annie said...

Took me 5 minutes to see what you were talking about. I would never have even noticed if I saw this hanging. It looks really nice to me!

Wendy said...

Dat ziet er al heel mooi uit hoor. Ik vind dit ook wel heel leuk om te doen, enkel blijft mijn patchwork liggen omdat ik hem nog moet quilten en dit lukt me voor het moment nog niet zo goed. Misschien als ik er mij eens zal aanzetten zal ik de handelingen wel gewoon worden, maar ik moet er natuurlijk eerst eens wat tijd voor maken ;)

Bonnie said...

Joke,
I have something for you on my blog.

Bonnie

Cindy F. said...

Joke! You are doing a fabulous job on your first quilt! It really is hard to believe this is your first one! BEAUTIFUL progress!!

Blogarchive