Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


March 21, 2009

Quilting/Stitching Bee

Today something happened were I've been looking forward to for quite some time. We had a quilting/stitching bee with some members of the Crazy Exchange Group. Marne was visiting the Netherlands for some weeks, and that was a perfect reason to meet the Dutch groupmembers Simone, Bianca, Jacqueline, Caroline, and me.
The come-together was at Simone's place, and, like it should be, it was spring! We spent all morning in the garden, and talked, laughed and admired each other's works. I for sure had a great time and it was lovely to see the other 'girls' . Marne brought us all a lovely pincushion with special pins (two-in-one), used for quilting (so now I am obliged to learn how to quilt, at least a little bit) and some nice fabrics.

Those who couldn't join us today, enjoy our pictures and be sure we talked about you LOL


The American princess-of-the-day ;)




Only tall gils can show such a beautiful quilt and yet be seen ;)



Do you see the magnificent hare?


The lovely package Marne gave us


From left to tight: Joke, Caroline, Bianca, Marne, Simone and Jacqueline. As you can see we had a wonderful time!

11 comments:

Janaina said...

I couldn't stop me from smilling while I was looking to the pics!I'm still smilling while I type! Lol.
You girls are surely the most pretty stitchers I've ever seen!!!!!
Marne posing like a princess was priceless! She DOES look like one with all those pink things on her head! =)
I'm so overjoyed Jacqeline was feeling better and was able to join to the fun!!!!
You ALL have such lovely smiles!
Wish I could be there and hug each one of you!
Thank you, Joke, for sharing the pics!

Joke said...

Janaina, we all wished you were able to join us, next time in groningen, and you better be there LOL

Simone said...

Leuk om de foto's terug te zien! Ik vond het ook zo geweldig vandaag. En het weer werkte ook nog helemaal mee! Ik vond het heel leuk je nu eens in het echt ontmoet te hebben.
Gaan we nog eens doen ;)

Anonymous said...

Hoi Joke,
heerlijk om je blog en de foto's te zien. Wat een leuke dag hebben we met elkaar gehad. Moeten we beslist nog eens over doen. groetjes Caroline

Annie Bee said...

What great pics and what a wonderful time you all look like you are having. Nothing like a group of stitching getting together.

Debra said...

Thanks for all the pictures. It looks like you had a great time.
DLS

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Looks like you girls had such a lot of fun. And gifts to boot!

Janaina said...

Oh, please, count me in, Joke! Already saving for that! =)

Vickie said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!!

Mia said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, all your creativity and wonderful stitchings and also the personal part of your life too!

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm looking forward for my first stitchy weekend here in Finland!

I have something for you in my blog :D

Brigitte said...

Whata great get-together you were having - and even the weather was cooperating.

Blogarchive