Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


February 08, 2009

A quilt and nice weather

First of all I want to answer Brigitte's question about the conversion of HOHRR. It is converted into GAST, WDW and Crescent Colours and I think it will turn out great (in a year or so....)
Second I have to show something. It is so beautiful, that I will post several pictures. Last monday I was at work, talking on the phone with DD, who was ill at home. DD told me: mum, there's this big package waiting for you! From America! I wondered what I'd ordered, but couldn't come up with something that big. All I ordered were some charts and floss, no need to send in a box. So after work I rushed home, and there it was, the biggest box I ever received by mail! Marne sent it to me. My heart was fluttering in my chest, because I know Marne makes beautiful quilts. Did she make one for me? And yes, in it was the most lovely quilt I've ever seen, and it was mine! No talking anymore, here are the pictures. The last picture includes the goodies Marne sent me, a cute red bag, a little yellow purse, a notepad (comes of use always) ,cute blue little buttons and a nice piece of fabric. She really spoilt me!





This sunday we had lovely weather, sunny and fresh. Now and then a chilly wind was blowing, so we took a ride through our province, Groningen. I love those small villages, windmills, and farms in the distance. Remember I am working on MM&IRR, my neighborhood, placing a small village on top of it? You may know them, a small village, surrounded by meadows, cows grazing and larks in the air on a summer day. Only some houses, a church and maybe a bakery or grocer's shop. Well, that's the top of my RR. And here it is for real, called Leens, a small village near the town I live.


I know there are some readers of my blog, who love seeing pictures of my country. So, for them, here are some more. They are all pictures of the northern part of Groningen, driving from Groningen (city) to the most northern part, Lauwersoog. From this point the boat departs to Schiermonnikoog, one of our beautiful islands.







14 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilt is awesome. So lovely and the rest of the things that you received yes indeed you were really spoiled. I love your pictures too. Those are real windmills wow. We have a small one built in Holland Michigan which was originally settled by the Dutch but not on that scale. They must be huge. Yes I love seeing pictures of other countries and yours is so pretty.

Janaina said...

Oh my good Lord!!!!!! One word: perfection! And look at the absolutley delicate backing fabric!!!!! Congrats on being such a lucky girl, Joke!=)
Love the pics too! You surely don't realise how lucky you are living at the Netherlands... there´s no such thing as an uly place at there! =P
Please keep showing us how your neighboorhood looks like! It´s always a pleasure to see!

Vicky L said...

The quilt is awesome. You are so lucky to receive one. It is very pretty. Your pictures of your country is breathtaking. I love the windmill.

Nana's Quilts said...

Oh - I'm ready to come back again, really soon. (to Friesland) Such nice weather - now just for it to warm up a bit. Be seeing you soon.
Knuffles,
Marne

Autumn said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful pictures.

Karol said...

What a lovely gift.

Cindy F. said...

Oh my gosh!! What a wonderful package of beautiful gifts!! Marne is a stitching angel! Her handmade gifts are incredible:)
Pretty pics of your country. Yes, I'm one who loves to see pics of where bloggers are from:) Thanks for sharing!!

Brigitta said...

When I saw the pictures I thought straight away "this looks familiar to me"but then again.... I live in this area LOL. Beautiful quilt btw.

Debra said...

Wow you are one lucky girl to receive such a beautiful quilt. I love the tag she sewn on it too. Your pictures of your drive are wonderful.
Debra in Indiana

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you to receive such a beautiful quilt! And thank you for the pictures, they're lovely and make me want to go back to that part of the Netherlands.

Carol said...

Hi Joke! Busy at work, but wanted to say hi ;-)

WendyJo said...

Love that quilt Joke. Those windmills are gorgeous too.

I tagged you by the way. See my blog.

Hugs,
Wendy Jo

Deb said...

Wow, Joke!! You must be up to your ears in that quilt whenever you're home, it's so lovely! What a wonderful gift!! I've been missing you and wondering what you've been up to since my surgeries. I love your windmill pictures. Let's keep in touch. Hugs, Deb

Fatema ( SL ) said...

The quilt is gorgeous.
All your stitching is beautiful.
What lovely things you have received for exchanges.

Blogarchive