Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


July 25, 2008

Finishing skills and art

It has been quite a productive week, and I'm very happy I am able to show some finished things, and most important to me, I am quite satisfied about the finishing. Although I doubted myself (too much, I am told) I now can see they approved a lot since I started stitching. As a matter of fact, I can say I am proud of myself, finishing the most cutest little biscornu (2,8 x 2,8 inch) I've ever seen (I haven't seen that much, but does that matter?).

I stitched it during holidays and I didn't stitch the back. So I had to do the backside with a matching piece of cotton, which I found at a local Quilt Shop. I didn't even know we had such a shop in Groningen, but a few weeks ago, visiting another shop, I asked for smaller pieces of fabric, the woman who helped me out told me the name of this Quilt Shop.

Last tuesday I went there for a visit, and I was thrilled. So many colors, so much choice. I couldn't control myself and bought a lot. But so lovely and colourful! Two of the pieces I could use immediately, one to finish the biscornu a freebie from Aurelle,




the other to finish my first pinkeep!
Lizzie Kate, Hop Squared, I stitched during holidays too, is now turned into a lovely pinkeep. I never thought I could do that. This afternoon I went to the market to get a little green ribbon to finish it, and here it is.
Not everything I did this week was stitched-related. I also visited Groninger Museum, where they have some great exhibitions of Chinese contemporary art and Ancient Bronzes. As some of you might know, I am a China-adept (not political). I love its language, its culture, its arts and its people.

As I didn't buy the catalogus (too expensive) I took some pictures.


Shi Jinsong
Short Pine Trees, 2007
Wood


Chi Peng
Five Elements Mountain, 2007
Photograph


Fang Lijun
Series 2 No.2, 1991-1992
Oil on canvas
For those who are interested some more pictures (not mine).




No comments:

Blogarchive